User Manual for goTenna Pro
- Charge goTenna PRO fully before initial operation via the micro-USB port found at the bottom of the device. Device light will pulse white while charging, and will remain solid white when fully charged.
- Install goTenna app on to smart phone.
- Press, hold, and release the button to turn on the device. It will flash white one time to indicate it is on.
- Follow pairing instruction inside phone app to pair to goTenna PRO. Light will flash a solid white for 2 seconds once pairing is successfully completed.
- If you ever need to pair goTenna PRO with a new phone, simply press pair to new devices button inside the phone app to make the device capable of pairing with a new host device.
- Follow on-boarding instruction inside app to set up your goTenna contact number. This is recommended to be your phone number.
- Proceed to text, share GPS location, or send other data over the app using regular text-messaging app conventions. For more help please visit our FAQ online at www.gotenna.com/faq
- We recommend placing the goTenna PRO in a unobstructed position, preferably as high up as possible on your person. For example, goTenna will work best when attached externally to the upper back of a backpack using the provided attachment strap.
FCC Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an output on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
IMPORTANT! Changes or modifications not expressly approved by goTenna could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This device has been tested for RF emissions and has been deemed safe for human exposure as determined by the government’s SAR testing standards.
Canada, Industry Canada (IC) Notices
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Cet appareil est conforme à la norme RSS d'Industrie Canada exempte de licence. Son fonctionnement est soumis aux deux conditions suivantes: (1) Ce dispositif ne doit pas causer d'interférences nuisibles, et (2) cet appareil doit accepter toute interférence reçue, y compris les interférences pouvant entraîner un fonctionnement indésirable.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numériqué de la classe B est conformé à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
This equipment complies with portable radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environment.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d'exposition aux rayonnements portables fixées pour un environnement non contrôlé.
Important Safety Information for Data Radios:
- Your goTenna PRO device contains a RF transceiver.
- Any modification of the hardware or use of the device not in line with provided instructions may not ensure compliance with RF exposure guidelines.
- Unauthorized modifications or attachments could damage the device and also violate FCC regulations.
- Recommended Position: For best performance we recommend that the goTenna be attached in an unobstructed environment as high up as possible on your person. For example, clipping to the upper back of a backpack using the provided attachment strap is ideal.
RF Energy Exposure Awareness and Control Information and Operational Instructions for Occupational Use:
- Note: This radio is intended for use in occupational/controlled conditions where users have full knowledge of their exposure and can exercise control over their exposure to meet the occupational limits in FCC standards. This radio device is NOT authorized for general population consumer use.
- Use only the supplied or an approved replacement antenna. Unauthorized antennas, modifications, or attachments could damage the radio and may violate FCC regulations.
- DO NOT hold the antenna when the radio is “IN USE”. Holding the antenna affects the signal quality and may cause the radio to consume more battery power than needed.
Hazardous Location Safety Information
WARNING – EXPLOSION HAZARD. DO NOT USE USB PORT UNLESS THE AREA IS FREE OF IGNITABLE CONCENTRATIONS OF FLAMMABLE ATMOSPHERES.
Maximum antenna cable length to be used with the equipment is 3 meters.
Informations sur la sécurité des lieux dangereux
AVERTISSEMENT - RISQUE D'EXPLOSION. N'UTILISEZ PAS DE PORT USB SAUF SI LA ZONE EST LIBRE DE CONCENTRATIONS INFLAMMABLES D'ATMOSPHÈRES INFLAMMABLES.
La longueur maximale du câble d'antenne à utiliser avec l'équipement est de 3 mètres.