User Manual for goTenna Mesh
- Charge goTenna Mesh fully before initial operation via the micro-USB port found beneath the power button. The indicator light on the front of the device will light up during charging and will turn off, when fully charged.
- Install the goTenna app from the App store or the Play store onto your respective iOS or Android device.
- Follow the instructions within the app to setup your goTenna Mesh.
- Turn ON goTenna Mesh by pressing and holding the power button for ~3 seconds. Release the button and watch for the indicator light to slowly pulse. goTenna Mesh is now ready to pair.
- Follow instructions within the goTenna app to set up your goTenna contact number. Using your phone number as your goTenna contact number is recommended.
- Proceed to text, share GPS location, or send other data over the app using regular text-messaging app conventions. For more help please visit our FAQ online at gotenna.com/pages/support.
- We recommend placing goTenna Mesh in an unobstructed position, preferably as high up as possible on your body. For example, goTenna will work best when attached externally to the upper back of a backpack using the provided attachment strap.
- Note, you must keep the micro-USB port cap closed to ensure goTenna Mesh’s limited water-resistance.
FCC Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an output on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- IMPORTANT! Changes or modifications not expressly approved by goTenna could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- This device has been tested for RF emissions and has been deemed safe for human exposure as determined by the government’s SAR testing standards.
Canada, Industry Canada (IC) Notices
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Cet appareil est conforme à la norme RSS d'Industrie Canada exempte de licence. Son fonctionnement est soumis aux deux conditions suivantes: (1) Ce dispositif ne doit pas causer d'interférences nuisibles, et (2) cet appareil doit accepter toute interférence reçue, y compris les interférences pouvant entraîner un fonctionnement indésirable.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B) This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numériqué de la classe B est conformé à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
This equipment complies with portable radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environment.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d'exposition aux rayonnements portables fixées pour un environnement non contrôlé.
Important Safety Information for Data Radios:
- Your goTenna Mesh device contains a RF transceiver.
- Your device has been tested for and passed the FCC’s RF exposure guidelines for regular body-worn operation without any modification of the hardware.
- Any modification of the hardware or use of the device not in line with provided instructions may not ensure compliance with RF exposure guidelines.
- Unauthorized modifications or attachments could damage the device and also violate FCC regulations.
- Recommended Position: For best performance we recommend that the goTenna be attached in an unobstructed environment as high up as possible on your person. For example, clipping to the upper back of a backpack using the provided attachment strap is ideal.